Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Poll: Five Greatest Concept Albums

Hello all,

On today's post, I am going to do something a little bit different. Today's experiment will be a poll on a topic of my choice: What are the five greatest concept albums of all-time? Here is a definition for those of you who may not be familiar with the term. A concept album is a music record that has a unifying theme. For instance, Pink Floyd's The Wall or Judas Priest's Nostradamus.

Here is how this works. You can either post your top five directly on this blog or on my Facebook page, and I will create a general consensus list of the best five. I will also listen to each album and provide some historical insight with personal thoughts on each. While this is a blog dedicated to heavy metal, you can most definitely choose non-metal albums.

If this poll is a success, I may make this a regular feature for Tuesdays.

I look forward to reading your choices. Have at it!

As always, thanks for reading!

P. S. I will post my top five later in the evening.



2 comments:

  1. Chthonic's Takasago Army is a good one
    Heaven Shall Burn-Iconoclast
    Within Temptation-The Unforgiving

    Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my top five list:

    5. Marilyn Manson: Antichrist Superstar

    4. Judas Priest: Nostradamus

    3. The Who: Quadrophenia

    2. Pink Floyd: The Wall

    1. Queensryche: Operation Mindcrime

    ReplyDelete