Friday, September 28, 2012

Metal Mayhem's Top 100 Metal Bands of All-Time, 95-91

Hello everyone,

Here are numbers 95-91.

95. Mushroomhead

Mushroomhead is an American Nu-metal band from Cleveland, Ohio that is known for dark imagery and eccentric live shows. They are famous for wearing masks with the "X-Face" logo. Over the years, Mushroomhead were part of a rivalry with fellow masked metal band Slipknot over similarities in style and image. Mushroomhead accused Slipknot of copying them; however, the bands have since made amends.
Here is "Kill Tomorrow."



94. Exodus



Exodus is an American thrash band from Richmond, California that formed in 1980 which puts them right at the inception of the thrash movement right along with Metallica, Slayer, and Anthrax. Despite being early trailblazers for the sub-genre, they are, in my opinion, fairly ordinary and mediocre. That said, they continue to have a large following and the fact that they have been around for 32 years says something about the band.
Here is "Bonded by Blood."


93. Mudvayne



Mudvayne is am American metal band from Peoria, Illinois that is known for wearing masks, face paint, and uniforms. While the band is visually similar to bands like Slipknot and Mushroomhead, there musical style is much more complex as the band was heavily influenced by King Diamond and Emperor. Mudvayne has incorporated aspects of death metal, Nu-metal, jazz fusion, and progressive rock. They are one of the most unique and wonderful bands in metal history.
Here is "Not Falling."


92. Linkin Park



Linkin Park is one of those bands that I wanted to hate, but their music is so damn catchy that I can't help myself. I love this band! I would have ranked them higher, but they aren't 100% metal. They are a Nu-Metal band from California that blends aspects of metal, progressive rock, hip hop, ect. Their album Hybrid Theory is unbelievable from beginning to the end. One thing I admire about this band is their willingness to experiment with their sound. Many people did not like their fourth album, A Thousand Suns, but I really loved their attempt at explaining the relationship between humans and technology. Many longtime fans were discouraged by the change in direction, but to me, it shows that the band was willing to evolve.  I can't stress how much I enjoy this band.
Here is "One Step Closer."


91. Static X



Static X is an American industrial metal band from Los Angeles, California that formed in 1994. My first exposure to Static X was on the second stage at Ozzfest' 99, and they were freaking amazing! This prompted me to immediately purchase Wisconsin Death Trip. There lead singer, Wayne Static, is known for his unusual hairstyle where he has it straight up, but this is an amazing metal band. I have enjoyed all six of their albums, and Wayne Static's solo album is pretty solid.
Here is "Push It."


Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!
Marty Sabin


No comments:

Post a Comment