Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Favorite Metal Covers

Hello everyone,

Today I am going to list my favorite cover songs by metal bands. Normally, I do not enjoy cover songs, but sometimes there is the occasional cover that grabs my attention. In my opinion, what makes a great cover is for the new artist to keep the spirit of general spirit of what the original musician intended, but add something that differentiates their version from the original.

For this post, I have attached the cover versions followed by the original songs. Anyway, here is my five favorite metal covers.

1. Dream Theater, Stargazer (Rainbow)




2. Metallica, Am I Evil (Diamond Head)




3. Tool, No Quarter (Led Zeppelin)




4. Marilyn Manson, Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (The Eurythmics)




5. Ronnie James Dio & Yngwie Malmsteen, Dream On (Aerosmith)


What are your favorite covers? Let me know either in the comments section or on Facebook.

As always, thank you for reading!
Marty Sabin

2 comments:

  1. Zonaria-Mad World (Tears for Fears)
    Dark Tranquillity-22 Acacia Avenue (Iron Maiden)
    Fleshgod Apocalypse-Heartwork (Carcass)
    Heaven Shall Burn-Black Tears (Edge of Sanity)
    Obscura-Lack of Comprehension (Death)

    All these are probably more extreme than what you normally listen to, but I like them

    ReplyDelete