Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Five Cheesy and Five Cool Metal Videos

Hello everybody,

Just for fun, I thought that I'd share five of the silliest heavy metal videos ever made. I am sure that there are more ridiculous videos out there, but for now, here are five that come to mind. Then, I will share five videos that I actually like. To clarify, there is a thin line between cheesy and good videos. In my opinion, cheesy videos are just as fun to watch as cool videos. This is mainly because many great songs have terrible videos, but also because it must be difficult to make a music video that makes sense anyway. On the flip side, even the best metal videos are still a tad on the silly side.

Anyway, here are some cheesy and cool videos.

Enjoy!

                              The Cheesy

1. Ozzy Osbourne, Bark at the Moon




2. Dio, Holy Diver



3. Helloween, Halloween



4. Queensrÿche, Queen of the Reich




5. Alestorm, Keelhauled



                          The Good

1. Bruce Dickinson, Accident of Birth



2. Megadeth, Symphony of Destruction



3. White Zombie, Thunderkiss '65



4. Pantera, Cemetery Gates



5. Nine Inch Nails, Into the Void



3 comments:

  1. Although I only know a few of both categories, I agree with you after viewing some of these! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I normally don't do music videos, mostly because my main interest is in the music. But if a video can grab me in the first few seconds, I'd be more enclined to watch. NIN for some reason always makes fantastic videos. Some people love tool videos, but I would put most of them in the cheesy category. I'm also not a big fan of watching musicians play their instruments. If you think about it, from the very beginning, music has always been a medium of entertainment that is meant to be heard rather than seen. I think most of what Ozzy does is cheesy, but that doesn't mean I don't like him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brad: I would most definitely agree that just about every video is cheesy, but that is one of the things that appeals to me about them. That may be due to the fact that I am, in fact, pretty cheesy myself.

    Thanks Jessi!

    ReplyDelete