Thursday, September 6, 2012

In This Moment, Blood (2012)

Hello everybody,

Last week, a friend at work recommended the band In This Moment. I decided to start with their latest album Blood. It took me a while to get to it, but I finally found the time to listen to the album this afternoon, and it was pretty cool.

If you are not familiar with In This Moment, they are a metalcore band out of Los Angeles, California. They are fronted by the wonderful Maria Brink. She has one of the best screams in metal that I have ever heard, and quite frankly, she is very attractive.

Anyway, Blood is In This Moment's fourth album, and it is notable because the band has dropped some of its usual metalcore elements in favor of keyboards and synthesizers. This is a normal progression for many metal bands, and in this case it works very well. In addition, these new elements seem to highlight the wonderful voice and screams of Brink. I enjoyed the full album, but the tracks that stand out to me are Rise With Me, Blood, and From the Ashes. This is one of the best metal albums of 2012.

For your listening pleasure, I have attached three clips.






As always, thanks for reading,
Marty Sabin

1 comment:

  1. I thought the opening track was great and then the 2nd track started. I didn't like it at all. I throught TTM's previous album The Dream was excellent and was excited to hear the new release. After listening to six or seven songs on Amazon I decided not to pick it up. Its too bad becasue Maria Brink has an awesome singing voice.

    ReplyDelete